Choosing Custom Options:
Your Rehmeyer Floor starts here.
Rehmeyer Wood Floors offers a variety of custom wood flooring options. From choosing the perfect wood species to embellishing your floor with surface treatments/textures, wood pegs, patterns and unique finishing techniques, you’ll find endless ways to enhance the appearance of your custom hardwood floor.
Wood Species – Select the best wood for your project.
Choosing the best wood species can be fun but challenging. Here are some things to consider when choosing the best species for your floor:
- Your style – Is the space being used for a formal setting, leisure or day to day use?
- Floor traffic – Animals? Children? Direct access to the outside? These all play factors in the type of wood and floor finish selected.
- Room size and budget – If you have a budget, let us know what it is, along with the amount of flooring needed and we can help you find the best option to fit your style and functional needs within your budget.
- What lies beneath- Radiant heating, substrates and overall moisture levels are all factors that should play into wood selection and flooring structure (engineered or solid).
Each wood species yields a different hardness, grain pattern, texture, hue and various other properties. Choose from native species such as Ash, White or Red Oak, Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Walnut or exotics such as Sapele and Purple Heart. Reclaimed woods are available in Chestnut, Heart Pine or Oaks.
Special Requests – If you’re looking for a special type of wood, seen or not seen on our site, tell us about it. Whether you’re looking for an exotic species from another world, reclaimed wood or lumber that’s cut in a specific way for a desired characteristic. We’ll do our best to find what you’re looking for.
- Solid – Traditional solid 3/4” floors are dried and precision milled which is the choice for typical installations. They can be stapled or glued to an acceptable subfloor.
- Engineered – Radiant heat systems, below grade and unstable conditions can benefit from creating our solid wood into a premium ¾” engineered floor.
Width and Length Selections – Wide plank, narrow plank, random width and single width are all available.
Selecting the right size planks can make your room have less or more movement. Random widths can create more of a relaxed feel vs single widths that can create a more formal appearance. Depending on wood type we can mill flooring from 3” to 10” in widths and lengths up to 14 foot.
Bring your floor to life by choosing from various surface styles.
- Grain Accents – Highlighting grain and enhancing your floor with an aged patina.
- Distressed – The look of antique flooring with nail holes and other natural aged marks.
- Foot Worn – A unique texture to mimic the look of heavily traveled floors.
- Light Hand Scraped – Old world craftsmanship gives the look and feel of floors scraped as they were centuries ago.
- Heavy Hand Scraped – The same old world craftsmanship of light hand scraped is enhanced and amplified to create an even more intense time worn feel.
All flooring sanded and factory-finished at Rehmeyer requires some type of edge treatment. You can choose from the following selections or sand and finish on-site.
- Soft Edge – Slightly rounded corners, ends and edges define the outline of each plank.
- Soft Edge/30% Hand Beveled – A combination of edge treatments give a unique random appearance.
- 100% Hand Beveled – Authentically hand scraped edges highlight the perimeter of each plank.
Decorative Wood Pegs – To Peg or Not to Peg? That depends on your style.
Wood Pegs are offered in ½” square or round peg shapes. In addition, pegs can be sanded flush with the floor or slightly raised.
Flush Pegs (pictured above) – End grain decorative pegs are sanded flush with flooring surface. All pegs are crafted from the end grain of the corresponding floor species.
Time Worn Pegs
Time Worn raised pegs (pictured above) – These decorative pegs are rounded, accented and installed slightly above floor surface.
The Perfect Finish – LED Hard Wax Oil
Why is LED Hard Wax Oil the best finish for your Rehmeyer floors?
- Eco-friendly & hypoallergenic
- Easy to clean, maintain, and can be spot re-finished
- Cures instantly so floors are protected immediately
- Stands up to heavy traffic, perfect for high traffic areas and commercial applications
- Repels dirt and water
- Enhances grain and hue of wood grain
LED Hard Wax Oil cures instantly and completely when exposed to a special LED. Rehmeyer floors, finished with LED Hard Wax Oil, can easily be spot-refinished or repaired. This option is very popular with homeowners and contractors alike. While LED Hard Wax Oil truly enhances the natural beauty of the wood, it also speeds up production times and makes flooring with this finish more affordable than other options that take up more space and time to dry and cure.
Standard & Custom Stains & Grain Accents
We can custom color our finish and use accent colors to enhance natural wood grain, distressing and other character features. When it comes to finishing your Rehmeyer floor, the sky is the limit. Make the choices that best fit your taste.